About WakeMed Heart & Vascular
When it comes to matters of the heart, there's nothing like experience. Wake County's first open heart surgery was performed at WakeMed in 1968.
The WakeMed Heart Center's program is one of the busiest in North Carolina.
Whether it's having a cardiac team ready and waiting for you in a time of emergency or helping you regain strength with our dedicated cardiac rehab program, our Heart & Vascular Care services are here for you.
Our outstanding staff of cardiologists, surgeons, nurses and specialists represents the best in training and use of the most current technology and techniques. In fact, WakeMed employs more cardiologists than any other system in Wake County, and we are pleased to offer a team approach to heart care. Our physicians and staff collaborate to ensure the best care for your heart.
Our Heart Center located on WakeMed Raleigh Campus features:
- Nine cardiac catheterization labs and two electrophysiology labs
- A pre- and post-procedure observation unit with 43 beds
- Cardiovascular testing department
- Dedicated waiting areas for patients' families
- Physician offices
- Heart Center Inn with 38 rooms specifically designed for heart patients' families
- Heart Center Conference Center used for physician, staff and community heart-health education
- 24/7 Cath Lab
- 100% Cath Lab Specialist Certification
Cary Hospital Cardiopulmonary Services offers:
- A cardiac catheterization lab to diagnose heart disease, determine the best treatment options and implant pacemakers and defibrillators
- Specialized cardiovascular testing department
- A dedicated Chest Pain Unit dedicated to accurately diagnosing the cause of chest pain and helping patients access the right treatments