WakeMed PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program
The PGY-1 program at WakeMed Health & Hospitals is an ASHP-accredited program that builds on (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
This 12-month postgraduate training experience is designed to develop the following core competencies:
- Patient care
- Advancing practice and Improving patient care
- Leadership & management
- Teaching, education, and dissemination of knowledge
WakeMed's PGY-1 program offers a competitive stipend, comprehensive benefits package, accrued paid days off, and administrative leave to attend conferences.
Program Start Date: June 20, 2016
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- Licensure/eligibility for licensure in North Carolina.
- Exceptional knowledge, communication skills, and leadership qualities.
Qualified candidates will be invited for an on-site interview
ROTATIONS & REQUIRED ACTIVITIES
- Adult Critical Care
- Drug Information
- Internal Medicine
- Medication Safety (longitudinal)
- Pharmacy Administration
- Ambulatory Care
- Cardiology (2nd month)
- Critical Care (Medicine, Surgery, Cardiology, Pediatrics/Neonatal)
- Emergency Medicine
- Heart Failure
- Infectious Disease
- Transitions of Care
Additional Required Activities:
- Complete and present a residency research project at a conference
- Prepare a manuscript suitable for publication
- Complete Medication Use Evaluation(s)
- Present an ACPE-approved continuing education program
- Clinical staffing duties 4 shifts a month
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 30, 2015
To apply, visit www.wakemed.org and click on "Employment at WakeMed" > "External Candidates" and search by title for "Pharmacist, Resident."
Required Materials Submitted via PhORCAS:
- Pharmacy school transcripts directly from school
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
Contact Ryan Tabis, PharmD, BCPS
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist- Internal Medicine
Residency Director, PGY-1