For Our Employees
Good-to-Know’s & Where to Go’s for the Magnet Visit
apPRAISErs from the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program will be visiting WakeMed July 7-10. Here's how you can get involved:
- I Am Proud Buttons – Ask your manager or supervisor for an “I am Proud” button and wear it with pride during the Magnet visit – July 7 - 10. “I Am Proud” is our theme for the visit because we all take pride in the work we do for patients and families.
- Welcome the apPRAISErs on July 7 – The apPRAISErs will begin their visit on the Raleigh Campus bright and early. All employees, volunteers and physicians are invited to to E-tower lobby on Tuesday, July 7, at 7:15 am to give them a big welcome. Wear your WakeMed colors and get ready to cheer!
- Share Your Pride at the WakeMed Family Forum – All members of the WakeMed family are invited to briefly tell the apPRAISErs their personal stories about why they support the WakeMed mission during the WakeMed Family Forum – Friday, July 10, from 8:30 to 9:30 am in the Health Park.
WakeWell Rewards Reminder: Get Your Points!
Participants in the WakeWell Rewards program must accumulate 120 points to receive the WakeWell Reward in 2016. To check your points, visit BCBSNC.com and log in, then click on “Wellness” on the top of the page, then click “Visit Wellness.” Your points will appear in the center of the page. If you fall short of 120 points, you can make up the difference by participating in an alternate standard by August 31, 2015. For more information, contact Bob Nelson (Wellness) at ext. 06903.
Expand Your Horizons with a WakeMed Foundation Scholarship
The WakeMed Foundation offers several scholarship and award opportunities to help WakeMed employees advance their knowledge and clinical skills, and therefore to improve the care given to our patients.
- The Helton Awardee program offers funding for certification exam education and training for departments or groups. Applications will be accepted between July 1 and August 15.
- Skills Scholarships provide funds for individuals to attend classes, seminars, conferences and programs. Scholarships are designed to help employees gain new skills that will help expand existing services and can be shared with teammates. Applications are being accepted now through September 15.
- The Helton Scholars program provides financial assistance to individuals for continuing academic education. Applications will be accepted August 1 through September 15. For more information about any of these scholarships, visit the WakeMed Foundation WakeMedWeb site.