Apply Here & View Open Positions
3000 New Bern Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27610 | 919-350-8000 | Map & Directions
External Candidates: Click here to search for open positions
WakeMed Employees: Click here to search for open positions
Frequently Asked Questions about Applying Online
WakeMed Health & Hospitals has a wide variety of job opportunities available, ranging from nursing, allied health and professional management, to careers in information services, support and administration.
WakeMed no longer accepts paper resumes or applications. We are committed to providing you with an easy way to apply for employment at WakeMed.
Guidelines and Resources
- You must have an e-mail address to use our system.
- You will need basic computer and typing skills to apply.
- In our system, an online application is called a 'profile'.
- You have unlimited time to complete your profile, however, the system will automatically log you out after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- You will be required to submit a resume in an electronic format or the system will assist you in building your resume.
- You will only be considered if you meet the minimum qualifications. Please read the job summary carefully to be sure you meet these qualifications.
- To be considered, you must answer and pass the assessment questions for the corresponding position.
- Only top candidates are contacted for interviews.
If you do not have an active email account, mail.yahoo.com offers free e-mail accounts; Other free services are available, including Hotmail, Gmail and AOL.
If you do not have a resume in an electronic format, our system has a tool that allows you to "Build Your Resume." If you already have a resume saved on your computer, you may upload your resume or you may cut and paste the document into our database. By uploading, we will be able to extract the necessary information. For the best layout, resumes should be in Microsoft Word or Rich Text File documents. Please check for formatting errors.
Remember to review and proof your profile and resume prior to submitting. This is the document WakeMed uses as your employment application.
WakeMed offers a competitive employee benefits program and competitive salaries, which reflect background, experience and special skills.
Note- The applicant system currently supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10.0.x
- Internet Explorer 9.0.x
- Internet Explorer 8.0.x
- Firefox 32.0.x
- Google Chrome 38.0.x
FAQs about Applying Online
If you have technical difficulties submitting an application online, please contact the Human Resources Office at 919-350-8140 or call toll-free at 877-213-3720 for assistance.