WakeMed offers several services and resources to medical staff members as benefits of membership. Resources and instructions on how to access them are available online.
Remote access to WakeMed patient data systems
- Including ED, inpatient and outpatient
- For initial set-up instructions, click here or call 350-5824 for assistance.
Pathology Laboratories Physician Services
- English and Spanish versions
- Informed consent
- Authorization for release of medical information
- Imaging Services requisition
- Remote Access application
- Library registration
Medical Staff Services
- Staff is available to assist with processing applications and medical staff reappointments for physicians, advanced practice nurses and physician assistants. Call 350-8595 for assistance.
Inclusion in Doctor Choice - Physician referral program
- A free referral service for community members who are looking for a primary care physician or specialist.
- Call 350-8900 to register
- Grand Rounds - Regular monthly specialty education conferences
- Continuing education through Wake Area Health Education Center (AHEC), www.wakeahec.org.
Full Access to the Wake AHEC Digital Library
- Online databases, such as MEDLINE, CINAHL, Cochrane
- Online journals
- 1,500+ full-text journals
- 75+ full-text searchable books
- Patient education materials in English and Spanish
- Literature searches - Visit www.wakeahec.org/library
- UptoDate Medical Reference - An electronic information source that includes 7,400 topics in 13 subspecialties and more.