WakeMed North Healthplex
Welcome to WakeMed North Healthplex, featuring the first 24-hour, full service, freestanding emergency department in North Carolina.
WakeMed Main Operator - 919-350-1300
Day Surgery - 919-350-1301
Endoscopy - 919-350-1301
Laboratory - 919-350-1350
Radiology - 919-350-1501
Outpatient Rehab - 919-350-1470
WakeMed North Healthplex Emergency Department offers:
- Fourteen private treatment rooms in North Carolina's first stand-alone Emergency Services Department
- 12 private treatment beds
- Private Triage rooms
- A diagnostic imaging department that handles everything from CT scans, general radiology and ultrasound
- An ambulance receiving area
- Patient reception and comfortable waiting rooms
- State-of-the-art monitoring to provide quality care for patients who have a lengthy discharge process or who must be transferred for continuation of care at an inpatient or other type of health care setting
- Learn more about WakeMed North Healthplex's variety of outpatient, diagnostic and treatment options
Coming Soon! WakeMed North Hospital
WakeMed is pleased to announce it is moving forward with plans to expand the existing WakeMed North Healthplex into Wake County's fifth hospital - WakeMed North Hospital. WakeMed broke ground in Fall 2011.
With an anticipated opening date of Spring 2015, WakeMed North Hospital will be a 61-bed acute care hospital with a focus on inpatient women's specialty services, offering a full range of obstetric and gynecological services, including comprehensive preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic care.
The facility will continue to serve men and children through the existing emergency department, outpatient surgery, imaging, lab, and physician services already offered at the facility. Learn more about WakeMed North Hospital.
Hours & Appointments
The hours of operation are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Please note these hours may vary by service. Please call the phone numbers listed at the top of the page for appointments.
Click here for a Google Maps link and directions.
WakeMed North Healthplex is located on the corner of Durant and Falls of Neuse Roads, just one mile north of the I-540 interchange.
From WakeMed Raleigh Campus: Follow New Bern Avenue (64 West) toward Knightdale and take the I-540 exit toward Durham/Wake Forest. Take the Falls of Neuse Road exit and turn left onto Falls of Neuse Road. WakeMed North Healthplex is on the corner of Durant and Fall of Neuse Roads.
Parking is readily available with a covered patient drop-off and pick-up area at both entrances.
Accessible online or by phone, ChartStart enables our Emergency Department staff to prepare for your visit. If you (or your family member) have a non-life-threatening emergency, you can go online or call ahead to answer a few simple questions about your condition. We call them our "Fast-6,"and your answers will enable us to create your medical chart.
Access ChartStart or call 919-350-1590.
*WakeMed North Healthplex is operated by WakeMed Raleigh Campus.