New Nurse Graduates
WakeMed's Nurse Fellowship Program is a one-year program that offers clinical and educational activities that facilitate professional development and personal growth for the new nurse graduate. The educationally rich and emotionally supportive environment provides nursing practice in collaboration with specially trained preceptors.
The Program Offers:
- Nursing Orientation and Skills Development
- Clinical Workshops and Online Forums with Peers
- Classes and Continuing Education
- A supportive environment specifically designed for the new nurse.
- WakeMed is proud to report an average one-year post-hire retention rate of 90 percent. (National average ranges from 40-65%).
- Specially-trained nurse preceptors who provide mentoring and guidance
Phase One: Six-month structured program combining educational content, personalized clinical orientation and emotional support, allowing you to integrate theory with the skills required to deliver outstanding and compassionate patient care.
Phase Two: Six months of support sessions to maximize individual growth, providing you with the one-on-one personal guidance that will allow for a smooth transition into the work environment.
To be eligible for the WakeMed Nurse Fellowship Program, you must:
- Be a new graduate with RN license or eligible to take the NCLEX.
- Provide two letters of reference from a clinical instructor during the interview process.
- Click here to download the WakeMed Nurse Fellowship Reference Form.
How to apply:
We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2013 New Graduate Fellow Program. Please apply online to the Staff Nurse - New Grad Fellow postings. The new graduate postings are located under the job category "Nursing - RN - New Graduate". All new graduates are required to apply to the Fellows Program, applications submitted to the general Staff Nurse postings are not considered. Transcripts are not required.
For more information on what you can expect as a New Nurse Graduate Fellow, click here.