How to Report a Compliance Concern
Doing the Right Thing
WakeMed encourages employee participation in reporting compliance issues or concerns. No retaliation or disciplinary action will be taken toward an individual who, in good faith, reports an issue or concern.
If you have questions concerning ethical or legal conduct or to report any potentially improper action, the following resources are available:
Contact your supervisor or manager
Call Compliance and Audit Services
Call the WakeMed Compliance Helpline
Your Compliance Contacts:
Compliance and Privacy Officer
WakeMed Compliance Helpline
The Compliance Helpline, 1-800-379-0279, is a contractor-operated anonymous hotline available to all WakeMed personnel. Personnel may call the confidential Compliance Helpline to ask questions concerning ethical or legal conduct, or to report any potentially improper action. Callers can report concerns anonymously and without fear of retribution. The reports must contain sufficient information for the Compliance Office to investigate the concern.
- Calls are not traced or recorded.
- Calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week by Global Compliance Services, and are communicated to the WakeMed Compliance Office for follow-up.
- The WakeMed Compliance Office will monitor the matter through to resolution.
- Callers will be given a call-back date and tracking number so that they can follow up on the status of resolving the issue.
- Upon receipt of credible reports of suspected violations or irregularities, the WakeMed Compliance Officer will direct an investigation and take corrective action as required.