Campus Police & Public Safety Department
The WakeMed Campus Police & Public Safety Department exists to protect and serve the employees, patients, and visitors of the WakeMed Health & Hospital system.
Police and public safety officers staff and/or patrol WakeMed Raleigh Campus, WakeMed Cary Hospital, WakeMed North Hospital, WakeMed Apex, Brier Creek and Garner HealthPlexes, and numerous remote sites to ensure the safest of environments.
Contacting Campus Police
To contact police/security when on WakeMed campuses (Raleigh Campus, Cary Hospital, North Hospital, Apex HealthPlex, Brier Creek HealthPlex, Garner HealthPlex) call WakeMed Emergency
Emergency: 919-350-3333 (24 hours, 7 days a week) (03333)
Non-emergency: 919-350-8171 (24 hours, 7 days a week) (08171)
Emergency Call boxes are located at our Hospital Sites and HealthPlexes. Press the call button and you will be connected to WakeMed Emergency Communications.
NOTE: When calling any WakeMed internal telephone line, each telephone extension can be reached by simply dialing 0 + the last four numbers of the telephone number (example: for 350-3333, dial 03333)
We are located inside the Medical Office Building (MOB) of WakeMed Raleigh Campus on the 2nd Floor. ID Badge and Operations office is to the left as you exit the elevator. Administration office is to the right as you exit the elevator.
When should I contact Campus Police & Public Safety?
- Anytime you may feel uncomfortable about your or another individuals safety or security on a WakeMed Campus.
- When you need assistance with your vehicle (jump-start, keys locked in vehicle, etc.)
- When you wish to report any type of incident or crime that occurred on a WakeMed campus or property.
- To secure a patient's belongings or valuables.
- Anytime you may have questions regarding parking, security, safety, etc.
How can I obtain an identification badge (for clergy, contractors, interns, fellows, etc.)?
- Clergy - Members of clergy must first submit an application to WakeMed Spiritual Care Services. Once that application is approved, the clergy member will be authorized to obtain a WakeMed identification badge.
- Contractors - Each subcontractor working at any WakeMed facility must obtain an identification badge. Approval for this badge is given by the director of the WakeMed department in which the subcontractor will be working.
- Employees, Residents, Interns, Fellows, etc. - Approval for these individuals is given by the manager or supervisor of the department/unit in which they are working or participating.
Identification badges can be obtaining Monday through Thursday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. The ID Badge Office is located on the 2nd Floor MOB on Raleigh Campus and within the Campus Police Operations Headquarters. There is a $15.00 fee for all lost identification badges. Damaged badges are replaced at no cost.