Join us for some BACK TALK! A support group for kids with scoliosis.
Back Pack Safety (PDF): Tips for safe back pack use and injury prevention
Tips for Parents (PDF): Tips for play time, feeding time, tummy time, positioning time, and parent time
KFun! Weight Management Program (PDF):
KFun! (Kids' Fun Fitness & Nutrition) supports families in creating an active lifestyle and a healthy, but not depriving diet. This family-based program for children and teens teaches nurturing skills to help decrease stress or boredom-related overeating and sharpens limit-setting skills.
Young Person & Parent(s) Make Lots of Progress!
- Increase fun & frequency of fitness activities
- Have well-spaced, well-proportioned, balanced meals and snacks
- Choose lighter foods with the aid of categorizing, using lists and food labels
- Avoid overly restrictive eating to help avoid reactive overeating
- Learn internal hunger and satiety signals to start and stop eating and to help prevent binge behaviors Identify main emotions and practice matching corresponding need to feelings
- Communicate needs between young people and parents (and others)
- Create a more positive body image & gain better self-care; avoid extreme dieting behaviors
For more information about services offered through WakeMed Rehab, please call 919-350-7876