About WakeMed Heart & Vascular
When it comes to matters of the heart, there's nothing like experience. Wake County's first open heart surgery was performed at WakeMed in 1968.
Today, WakeMed Heart Center's program is the busiest in North Carolina, and we treat more heart patients than any other hospital in the state.
Whether it's having a cardiac team ready and waiting for you in a time of emergency or helping you regain strength with our dedicated cardiac rehab program, our Heart and Vascular Care services are there for you.
Our outstanding staff of cardiologists, surgeons, nurses and specialists together represents the best training and use of the latest technology and techniques - performing more than 27,900 procedures a year.
Our Heart Center located on WakeMed Raleigh Campus features:
- Nine cardiac catheterization labs and two electrophysiology labs
- A pre- and post-procedure observation unit with 43 beds
- Cardiovasular testing departmentDedicated waiting areas for patients' families
- Physician offices
- Heart Center Inn with 38 rooms specifically designed for heart patients' families
- Heart Center Conference Center used for physician, staff and community heart-health education
- 24/7 Cath Lab
- 100% Cath Lab Specialist Certification
Cary Hospital Cardiopulmonary Services offers:
- Two cardiac catheterization labs to diagnose heart disease and determine the best treatment options
- Specialized cardiovascular testing department