Nutrition & Healthy Eating
Our licensed, registered dietitians are committed to providing evidence-based, scientific nutrition advice. Nutrition counseling is offered for:
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call or have your physician FAX a referral to us. Insurance coverage and costs may vary.
- WakeMed Diabetes Management Program is staffed with certified diabetes educators who specialize in diabetes and nutrition. Our registered dietitians can help you or a family member with:
- Making dietary changes to improve blood glucose, body weight, blood pressure and cholesterol
- Learning how to use a blood glucose meter and analyze the results
- Managing your prediabetes condition
- Providing dietary and blood glucose management for someone with gestational diabetes
- Providing post-partum guidance
Appointments are available at WakeMed Raleigh Campus, WakeMed Cary Hospital or WakeMed North Healthplex. To schedule an appointment, please call 919-350-7000 (choose option 2).
Pediatric nutrition counseling is available through WakeMed Children's Endocrinology & Diabetes at WakeMed Raleigh Campus and at WakeMed Cary Hospital's Outpatient Nutrition Services department.
Dr. Lagarde reviews blood glucose
results with a pediatric patient.
Registered Dietitians specializing in pediatric nutrition are accepting referrals for the following:
- Failure to thrive
- Growth disorders
- Celiac Disease
- Food allergies
- Weight management
- Other nutrition issues
Physician referral required. FAX completed forms to 919-350-9802. Insurance coverage and costs vary. For more information, call 350-7584.
The WakeMed Children's Endocrinology & Diabetes Program is dedicated to helping kids ages 6 to 18 reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes. We do this through "Energize!," a grant-supported program designed to teach young people how to build lifelong, healthy attitudes about food and fitness.
WakeMed dietitians are frequent contributors on a variety of nutrition topics to our WakeMed Voices blog. Check out what they have to say.