For Our Employees
July 28 & 29: WakeMed Vendor Fair
Mark your calendar for the 2015 Vendor Fair and plan to check out discounts and incentives exclusively for WakeMed staff, volunteers and medical staff members. Please note that discount books will not be distributed at the fair.
- Cary Hospital: Conference Center, Tuesday, July 28, 9 am to 3 pm
- Raleigh Campus: Andrews Center, Wednesday, July 29, 9 am to 3 pm
To learn more about the WakeMed Discount program, visit WakeMedEmployeeDiscounts.com.
Expand Your Horizons with a WakeMed Foundation Scholarship
The WakeMed Foundation offers several scholarship and award opportunities to help WakeMed employees advance their knowledge and clinical skills, and therefore to improve the care given to our patients.
- The Helton Awardee program offers funding for certification exam education and training for departments or groups. Applications accepted now through August 15.
- Skills Scholarships provide funds for individuals to attend classes, seminars, conferences and programs. Scholarships are designed to help employees gain new skills that will help expand existing services and can be shared with teammates. Applications accepted now through September 15.
- The Helton Scholars program provides financial assistance to individuals for continuing academic education. Applications will be accepted August 1 through September 15. For more information about any of these scholarships, visit the WakeMed Foundation WakeMedWeb site.
Become a Health Career Pathfinders Advisor
Volunteer Services is recruiting WakeMed staff to serve as advisors for the Health Career Pathfinders program at Cary Hospital or Raleigh Campus. The Health Career Pathfinder program is an educational opportunity for teenagers who are interested in exploring careers in health care. The group meets twice a month on Mondays (6:30 to 7:45 pm) from October through April. Advisors serve as leaders and role models to participants and coordinate a variety of hands-on opportunities. For more information, contact Jackie Kennedy at ext. 08601 or email@example.com.